Saturday, July 23, 2016

Voltron: Old vs New


Voltron: Old Vs. New


I originally published this video on YouTube on June 16, 2016. The commentary you are reading right now has been published as of May 24, 2022. Yeah, it's been a while.....

I was a fan of the original World Events Production adaptation of the original Japanese GoLion cartoon, back when it was syndicated in 1984. I was hooked on the original U.S. release of Voltron, right away. I used to watch it at my grandma's house during the summers, both Lion Voltron and Vehicle Voltron. I still have my original Matchbox Vehicle Voltron warrior sets. I won't be letting those go, anytime soon.

Back in the mid-twenty-teens, DreamWorks bought the rights to Voltron, and decided to launch a reboot series about the lion force. This video is about that series, and how it is both similar and different to the original release. I produced this commentary video as a follow-up to my Mazinger Z: Anime vs. Manga video, which you can watch here:


I only managed to catch the first season of DreamWorks' Voltron series. A lot has happened since season 1, that I haven't had a chance to catch up to. I no longer have NetFlix, so it could be a while before I see any of the subsequent seasons, assuming they're still available to watch. 

On a positive note, my YouTube analytics shows that my Voltron: Old vs. New videos still gets a fair amount of views daily. Unfortunately, my YouTube account got de-monetized about 5 years ago when YouTube changed the rules for eligibility. I was so demoralized after going through all that work, and producing all of that content, that I didn't want to bother with that platform, anymore. I'm still a content creator, and I still earn money from various ad revenue sources, but YouTube is not currently one of those sources. 

Right now, my goal is to get The Hero's Blog re-furbished, and caught up to current blog standards, increase my viewership here, and then maybe I may try producing video content on YouTube again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Generational Wealth

 Generational Wealth       I still believe in generational wealth. A lot of people don’t understand what it is, or why it’s important. It is...