Sunday, July 22, 2018

Mazinger Z: Anime vs Manga


Mazinger Z: Anime vs. Manga

I made this video years ago, in June of 2016, when I was working on my second master's degree: Music Production and Sound Design for Visual Media. I've gotten a bit.....side tracked, since then.

I was taking a class for audio production, in which I had to learn the inner workings of Pro Tools, and how to sync music and audio to video. The Mazinger Z video wasn't done for the class; I did this as a personal interest, but I applied all of my knowledge and skills for the class to the video project. 

This started as a desire to produce more Mazinger Z-related content by YouTube, but the first Mazinger Z video I posted got me struck down with an extremely painful copyright strike. It took me a ton of research and about 3 months to get the copyright takedown notice removed, and an additional 3 months for the copyright strike itself to finally go away. I had lost my YouTube monetization during that time. It's all a moot point, anyway. About 4 or 5 years ago, (it's 2022 at the time of this update), YouTube changed its monetization policy so that I no longer qualify for monetization, so none of my videos, including this one, are currently earning any revenue. One of these days, I'll probably resume making videos. 

If I remember, I started with the music. I wrote a short musical intro, loosely based on the tempo and key of the original Mazinger Z theme, but the melody, chords, and accompaniment are all original, and all me. I meant to expand the intro into a full-blown song promoting an unrelated business endeavor, but I never had a chance to finish the song. The drums you hear were programmed in Logic Pro X. The live guitars were played by me. I don't remember which guitar I used. It may have been my Gibson Les Paul studio, which unfortunately, I no longer have. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Once I finished the music, I wrote and recorded a voice-over, using all the techniques I learned from my audio production class. The voice you hear is indeed me. I used a CAD Trion 6000 condensor mic, played through an ART tube pre-amp, into a ZOOM TAC-8 Thunderbolt interface. I still have those items in my project studio, but unfortunately, that's pretty much all I have left. All my other instruments, mikes, and equipment are gone. ๐Ÿ˜ข

If you get a chance, please also check out my related video on Voltron here:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Generational Wealth

 Generational Wealth       I still believe in generational wealth. A lot of people don’t understand what it is, or why it’s important. It is...