Sunday, July 22, 2018

Happy Man


Happy Man (Chicago Cover Song)


Ahhhhh, my cover of "Happy Man".......

This cover goes wayyyyyyyyy back to December of 2008. I remember posting on Facebook and asking my friends what songs I should record a cover of. One of my college buddies, Eric, suggested Chicago's "Happy Man". I wasn't originally going to do it, but I figured what the hell. Turns out, to everyone's surprise, I could do a pretty passable impression of Peter Cetera's voice! Even Kenny Cetera, Peter's younger brother, agreed and told me how impressed he was. 

I originally recorded this song on a homebrew PC running Windows XP, into a DAW program called Samplitude by Magix. I used a combination of plugins by IK Multimedia, including Amplitube 2, and a couple of software synths and samplers for the drums. The guitar and bass were real. I played a Brian May Guitar's "Red Special" replica guitar and a Fender Sting Signature Edition Precision bass. I don't have those instruments anymore. I encountered a major financial downward spiral back in 2019, and had to sell all of my instruments and gear. I haven't written or recorded any new music, since then. It could be a while before I can rebuild my finances enough to resume making music. Given a few behind-the-scenes circumstances that I'd rather not get into, making music isn't exactly a priority of mine, right now. 

On a positive note, I can still do a pretty decent impression of Peter Cetera. 

If you'd like to hear other cover songs by me, check out my cover of a Journey song here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Generational Wealth

 Generational Wealth       I still believe in generational wealth. A lot of people don’t understand what it is, or why it’s important. It is...