Sunday, July 22, 2018

Message In A Bottle


Message in a Bottle


I always wanted to play bass in a Police tribute band. I've been a fan of The Police since I was 9 years old. The first song of theirs that I remember hearing was "Don't Stand So Close To Me", in 1980. In 1983, my mom bought me "Synchronicity" on cassette. I still have that tape around here, somewhere. From age 12 through age 16, I managed to score all 5 Police albums on cassette, and absorbed every note of every song. I found myself singing along, and emulating Sting's voice so closely, that even when I don't sing Police covers, I still sing, inflect, and emote like him, sometimes. I even had a signature Fender Sting Precision bass for a while. Unfortunately, I had to sell it during a time of financial crisis back in 2019. I regret doing that to this day.

I started recording this version of "Message in a Bottle in December of 2008, and released it on YouTube in January 2009. It's just me, a Brian May "Red Special" replica guitar (which I also had to sell during that financial downturn 😒), and the aforementioned Sting bass, which by the way, was the BEST bass I ever had. I feel like a piece of me died, when I had to sell that bass......and no, I don't feel like telling the story of why I had to sell it.......too painful.....😞

Anyway, enjoy the music......🎡🎢

No comments:

Post a Comment

Generational Wealth

 Generational Wealth       I still believe in generational wealth. A lot of people don’t understand what it is, or why it’s important. It is...