Sunday, July 22, 2018

City Of Angels (Journey)


City of Angels (Journey)

This is a cover of the song "City of Angels", as originally recorded by the band Journey. The original recording was released on their 1978 album "Evolution", which was the 2nd Journey album to feature singer Steve Perry. 

I recorded this cover version back in December of 2008. My digital audio workstation at the time consisted of Magix's Samplitude, and several VST plugins by IK Multimedia, including Amplitube 2. I programmed the drum tracks using Samplitude's visual MIDI editor, while I played the guitar and bass tracks live, using my Alesis iO26 Firewire audio interface. I sang all the vocal parts using an Audio-Technica 3525 condensor microphone. As of 2022, I use absolutely none of these products, ironically. I still use IK Multimedia plugins, but I upgraded to Amplitube 3 eventually. I haven't recorded any new music in several years, due to some major changes in my life behind the scenes. I hope to return to recording new music one of these days, but it could be a while before I'm able to do that, again. 

If  you'd like to hear one of my original songs, check out 2014's "The Dream", on my YouTube page, which you can visit here:


Also please feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel here, as well: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Generational Wealth

 Generational Wealth       I still believe in generational wealth. A lot of people don’t understand what it is, or why it’s important. It is...