Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Big Steak Omelette Casserole Recipe

 Big Steak Omelette Casserole Recipe

(Featuring Lipton Onion Soup Potatoes)


    This is the classic Lipton Onion Soup Potatoes recipe married to my favorite item to order from IHOP: The Big Steak Omelette! I got the idea to do this last week, when I needed to stretch a dollar and feed myself for a couple of nights. I had a ribeye steak that I wanted to do something different with, and that’s when I came up with the idea of essentially turning it into a breakfast taco.


Ingredients: 

1 Envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix

6-8 medium gold potatoes, cut into medium-bite-sized chunks

1/3 cup olive oil

1 ribeye steak

1/2 shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheddar blend)

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

4 large eggs

1 tablespoon heavy cream

Kosher salt and pepper to taste

Mild, Medium, or Hot Salsa

Flour Tortillas


    This is the classic Lipton Onion Soup Potatoes recipe married to my favorite item to order from IHOP: The Big Steak Omelette! I got the idea to do this last week, when I needed to stretch a dollar and feed myself for a couple of nights. I had a ribeye steak that I wanted to do something different with, and that’s when I came up with the idea of essentially turning it into a breakfast taco.

Instrucciones:

    Preheat oven to 425 degrees, Fahrenheit. Grease a 13 X 9-inch roasting pan with butter, shortening, or cooking spray. Give that envelope of Lipton Onion Soup a good shake before opening it, in order to break up any clumps and distribute the ingredients, evenly. Add the potatoes, Lipton Onion Soup Mix, and olive oil. Mix all ingredients in the pan with a spoon or spatula, until all potatoes are coated with the oil and soup mix. 

    On a cutting board, season the ribeye steak with the kosher salt and pepper, to your liking. Slice the steak into strips, roughly 2 inches in length. Add the steak strips to the potato/oil/soup mixture, distributing them evenly amongst the potatoes.

    In a bowl, blender or Magic Bullet, crack the 4 large eggs, add the heavy cream, and then beat the eggs, until fully scrambled. Pour the scrambled egg mixture into the pan with the potatoes and steak. Sprinkle the cheddar and parmesan cheeses evenly on top of the mixture, and then cover the pan with aluminum foil.

    Bake in pre-heated oven covered for approximately 1 hour, then remove the aluminum foil, and bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow casserole to cool at least 5-10 minutes before serving.  Serve on top of heated tortillas with your favorite salsa. 


Big Steak Omelette Casserole 4

Big Steak Omelette Casserole 3

Big Steak Omelette Casserole 2

Big Steak Omelette Casserole 1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Generational Wealth

 Generational Wealth       I still believe in generational wealth. A lot of people don’t understand what it is, or why it’s important. It is...